Using custom subdomains for your Mumble server address
Mumble does NOT support SRV records at this time. However, you can still set up a custom record for your server to use your domain as the IP. To do this, please follow these instructions.
- As the owner of the website, visit your user dashboard > website settings > DNS management panel.
- Navigate to the "Custom Records" section in your DNS Management Panel.
- In the Hostname column, enter "voice".
- In the IP Address / Domain column, enter your server IP address or domain IP provided by Enjin. Do NOT include your port here. If this is for your Enjin Mumble server please find this IP in your admin panel > voice tab. If you are inputting a domain IP please append a " . " at the end. Ex. "east3.voice.enjin.com."
- In the Record Type column, enter "A (Address)" if you entered a numerical IP in the column before, or "CNAME" if you entered in a domain IP address previously.
- We recommend a TTL of 1800
After this has been done and saved you will be able to connect to your Mumble server using "voice.yourdomain.com:PORT" (replace with your domain, and your server's port) within minutes.
If you want to change "voice" to something different, simply change the hostname input area.