Enjin Character Support is an option to allow the user to login into a 'character' created for a specific game on sites that have it enabled. What it does is, it changes your name and profile picture on site to your desired character's avatar without changing your actual username and profile picture on the Enjin network.
This means, while on a specific community/site, you'll have a completely different name and profile avatar while on every other site, all your profile info is the same. This is very useful for setting up different personas for RP, or just interacting with users on site. (Example: Roleplaying in chat or on forums).
Enabling Character Support
- If you would like to support characters on your website, you will need to go to your Admin panel > Games > Add Game, and select the games that you would like to support chracters for.
For example, Minecraft. If you would like to support characters but not for a specific game, feel free to use RPG Maker XP (PC).
- Following the addition of your desired game, click on settings of the specific game and checkmark "enable character support".
- Make sure you are on a website that has character support enabled. Navigate to your Characters Page via scrolling down your profile and clicking "Characters" or by adding /characters to your profile url.
- On your characters page, select the community you wish to add a character to and click Add Character. Select your game and fill out the information you would like your character to have.
Login/Logout of Character
- Navigate to your Characters page.
There are two methods to navigate to your character page.
a) Scrolling down on your profile and clicking "Characters" on the right side of your profile page.
b) Adding ../characters to your Enjin profile link.
- Login/Logout of your character.
On the character page, select which website you would like to edit in regards to your character. Click on the hogwheel(edit) option on the top right of the corner of interest and select Login/Logout from the dropdown menu.
In the example provided below, it shows the login/logout process for the website OtakuNet and the game, RPG Maker XP(PC).